CX North America ,a leader in freight collaboration solutions for the transportation industry, announced the launch of its next-generation mobile app for drivers.
The CX North America Mobile App provides real-time information exchange and tracking within the context of specific freight shipments, offering drivers, fleet managers, brokers and customers the most up-to-date information possible.
Beyond delivering unparalleled location, communication and control functionality at the tap of a finger, the app offers a ready means for enhanced vehicle utilization, better load and capacity management, lower fuel consumption and reduced carbon emissions.
The CX North America Mobile App was created by transport professionals for transport professionals. As an outgrowth of a proven application in use for over 16 years, the app comes to market with optimizations derived from practical experience conveying hundreds of millions of dollars of freight shipments by some 4,500 companies. The app integrates seamlessly with CX North America, the firm’s advanced online platform, and with most telematics and transportation management systems.
The CX North America Mobile App is perfect for carriers, drivers, brokers, freight forwarders and third-party logistics providers. Key benefits of the app include:
- Delivers visibility and control functionality that increases vehicle utilization, load management and use of excess capacity.
- Sends real-time job alerts directly to drivers in the field, matching vehicle location, capacity and capabilities with businesses in need of freight services.
- Allows drivers to send alerts showing both current status and future availability.
- Provides live tracking links that allow customers and partners to see job status in real time from acceptance of the job until after proof of delivery (POD).
- Conveys all shipment details at a glance, including full load information and pick-up/delivery notes and instructions.
- Has a built-in CX Messenger feature that allows real-time, secure, two-way communications with drivers, controllers and partners and links all conversation records to specific jobs, creating a fully auditable trail.
- Allows capture of electronic PODs in real time and stamps date and time on PODs.
- Puts the app user in full control over the information visible to others. If users want to limit visibility to their own company, they can do so. If they want to be invisible and turn off tracking while on break or off duty, for example, then they can do so. Control rests exclusively with the app user. There are no hidden settings.
Sharon Coburn, CX North America’s vice president of business development for North America, says, “Location, communication and control are paramount to efficient and effective freight movement. They are even more important requirements when our subscribers are partnering with other transportation providers to move shipments. CX North America has developed an easy-to-use, secure app that concurrently places all the tools drivers, managers, partners and customers need in a single place.
Our app allows jobs to be assigned and tracked from acceptance to after POD – and transmits and files all related communications and documentation electronically. And, because everything occurs in real time, potential issues can be anticipated and quickly solved and resources can be aligned perfectly with new or changing requirements.”
The CX North America Mobile App is available for Google Android operating systems now, with the Apple version coming soon. It is free of charge for CX North America subscribers and firms doing business with subscribers. Notably, the app is optimized for display on a full range of screens.
CX North America will be exhibiting its mobile app at the Transportation Intermediaries Association (TIA) 2017 Capital Ideas Conference & Exhibition, April 5–8, 2017, Red Rock Casino Resort & Spa, Las Vegas, Nevada.
About CX North America
CX North America Information Services Inc. (CX North America), headquartered in Tecumseh, Ontario, Canada, is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Transport Exchange Group, a leading provider of technology for the transportation industry and operator of two of the United Kingdom’s largest and fastest-growing independent freight exchanges. CX North America brings Transport Exchange Group’s proven technology and business model to the North American marketplace to enhance visibility, increase agility, optimize efficiency and improve communication and collaboration for carriers, brokers and 3PLs. We offer users a number of ways to engage with our products and services, depending on the technology they already have in place.
For more information, please visit our website at http://cxnamerica.com
call 1-888-270-0482 or